Sunday, February 27, 2011

Teaser, continued

Oi! It's been a week. A long, tiring one at that.

So, to recap our weekend, we made it to my bro-in-law's house, and there was my wonderful husband, just chilling and watching television. Goldilocks was pumped. I was nervous. Baby Bear was mostly indifferent so long as I was around.

And our visit was just...weird. Yes, there's a part of me that wanted to achieve martyr status by doing it all without the hubby around, and his presence detracted from that. And the other part of me just wanted to pass all of the responsibility over to him for the weekend and just pass out. Being at (and essentially taking over) someone else's house made it even more strange. There weren't cribs or anything, and MWW didn't help me unload the car when we got there. He decided that Goldilocks just wasn't going to nap, after leaving her in a twin bed for a little while. I was frustrated, but decided that rather than deal with a cranky toddler, I was going to take a nap myself. (I will never cease to be amazed at the difference naps can make for me. I was an emotional mess before I went to sleep. I was even steven when I woke up.)

We used our double stroller and took the kids on a walk around the neighborhood. After dinner, we put the kids to bed and played Monopoly with the bro and sis-in-law. That created a little bit of tension because I went bankrupt first (Dave Ramsey would not have approved) and gave all my stuff to his brother to whom I owed it, even though MWW had offered to trade me several time to settle my debts. My ulterior motive was that in letting my bro-in-law get all my stuff, the game would end sooner and I would be able to spend more time with MWW. He saw it as more of a spousal betrayal, like I wasn't playing on his team. Or something. Fun.

And to add icing to the cake, the guest bedroom is set up Lucy/Dezi style, with two twin beds. It was weird.

Sunday dissolved into oblivion, until finally it was time for us to leave to get back home since we had people coming over our house at a certain time. I took the Interstate back, for only the second time, and of course the car did fine, and of course the kids slept the whole way.

Our time with MWW was brief. And I cried before I left, though I tried not to.

I am not counting down the weeks. It would be too depressing.

No comments: