Saturday, April 9, 2011

The new car smell..

...of this whole situation is wearing off. There's no more novelty. There's no more driven independence.

It's getting pretty old and I'm tired of single-parenting and being a solitary homeowner. We have had lots of glorious help from friends and family, and that has made it so much easier. But it's still not the same.

And yes, I'm complaining. I've put on a good face heretofore, but I'm exhausted. And I'm ready for my weekend warrior to be back with us.

All the single parents and military families with loved ones deployed, whether in war zones or not, can feel free to tell me to shut my trap. I know. He's safe. It's for a limited time. If I really wanted to, I could go see him. The logistics would be a nightmare, but I could do it.

Everyone else bear with me as I complain.

1 comment:

Craig-Jen said...

Hang in there! I don't know how you're doing this...honestly, I don't. Complain away because this is a nonjudgmental ear. Your kids are young and demanding. It's not as if they can do much without you. Eli will be back soon(ish).