Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Keeping Routines

We've been humming along for over a week now because of routines, thanks to the Fly Lady. I actually found the Fly Lady back in October and have been working to get to the point I am now. It's totally cheesy, but it's making a difference in my life. I'm going to post about it soon to share the love, but that will come later.

Today, I just want to share with you that part of our success has been because I wrote my routines on the bathroom mirror with Crayola Window Crayons. My morning routine is on one side, my before bed routine is on the other. Once I did that, I was inspired, so I got some Crayola Bathtub Crayons, and I wrote my prayer list on the wall in our shower stall. So now, as I'm brushing my teeth in the mornings and evenings, I can look at my routines and make sure I haven't missed anything. And when I shower in the mornings, I pray through my list, naming my family members by name, which is one thing I am trying to do daily this year. I don't get out of the shower until I'm done.

So, that's one little secret to my success so far. Just wanted to share. :)

1 comment:

Motorcycle grandma said...

I like the shower prayer wall idea! Years ago a friend did her daily prayer time in the shower cuz it was the only absolute private time she had during the day!!!
You mommies of today are my heroes!!! luv ya bunches!