Friday, January 28, 2011

2 Salads

As we're preparing for MWW to be gone, I'm trying to think also about meals I already know how to make, and I want to compile them somewhere. First, I'm starting with two salads that I have named after the people who introduced me to them.

Grimm Salad (green salad)
Ingredients:

Salad Greens
Chicken (leftovers, or boiled or grilled, or whatever)
Corn Chips
Ranch Dressing.

Directions: Toss the chicken and corn chips in the salad. Dress with ranch. Eat. Easy.

*This salad got a name because a co-worker of mine, Mrs. Grimm, would bring it for lunch. I had never thought to put my own chicken, even corn chips, on salad. It's delicious, but more importantly quick and easy.*



Hart Salad (pasta salad)
Ingredients:

1 pkg. rotini (spiral) pasta, cooked
2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced (boiled is how I cook them)
1/2 bottle of creamy Italian salad dressing
grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
small can of sliced black olives
green onion, diced

Directions: Combine ingredients. Eat.

*This was named after another co-worker of mine who invited me over to dinner right before we moved to AL. This is her go-to salad. It is excellent as leftovers, and I generally leave out the onions, but they do add some good color and flavor. I also always get the colored rotini. Does it taste better? Maybe. But it's pretty.*

1 comment:

Motorcycle grandma said...

Last night I pounded and marinated (in Italian salad dresing) 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts. Tonight I fired up the gas grill(yes it's 17 degrees outside) and grilled them all. I ate one with some rice for dinner and individually froze the rest. They thaw quickly and I have an easy already cooked meal.