Monday, January 31, 2011

Cleaning the Microwave

Again, to keep my sanity, I'm going to keep track of "domestic" information here, too. So, this is my easy how-to on cleaning the microwave, a secret I learned somewhere, sometime in the last decade.

Step 1: Get a microwaveable coffee/tea mug and fill it with water. Put it in the microwave on high for 2 minutes.

Step 2: When the microwave beeps, take out the mug* and put a tea-bag in the hot water.

Step 3: Get a damp rag/paper towel and wipe away the now-steam-loosened food particles from the insides of the microwave.

Step 4: Drink your tea.

Ta-daa! Now that is multi-tasking if ever I could multitask. I am just amazed at what a lot of work a little bit of steam will do.


*The mug is hot. The water is hotter. BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO BURN YOURSELF!

No comments: